“Providing best in class care through a wealth of experience and skillful technique to every patient, every day.”
Dr. Tedd Weisman is a well-regarded orthopedic surgeon who has served the greater New Haven and Fairfield County communities since 1993. He founded OrthopedicHealth LLC in 2003. He was the Managing Director of OrthopedicHealth LLC until its successful merger with Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists (COS) in 2013. He now sees patients at the COS offices in Milford and Orange CT. He performs surgery at Milford Hospital and the Branford Ambulatory Surgical Center.
Dr. Weisman continues to serve as Chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Milford Hospital, where he has held that position since 2005. Dr. Weisman is also a past-President of the Medical Staff at Milford Hospital. He is a Board Certified Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons since 1993, and has maintained his Board Certification through successful completion of the 10-year interval recertification examinations taken in 2003 and 2013. He continues his Maintenance of Certification in preparation for the 2023 certifying examination.
Dr. Weisman earned a Bachelors of Arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania. He earned his Medical Degree from New York Medical College (NYMC). He completed his general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Weisman was appointed Orthopedic Chief Resident at St. Vincent’s Hospital. He pursued advanced surgical training in the Hand and Microvascular Surgical Fellowship at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York. On completion of his residency and fellowship surgical training, Dr. Weisman served as mentor and teacher to orthopedic residents in his appointment as Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at New York Medical College. During his academic appointment at NYMC, he was appointed Chief, Section of Hand Surgery at St. Agnes Hospital in White Plains, New York.
Dr. Weisman performs state-of-the art procedures, such as treatment of thumb joint arthritis using a minimally invasive thumb joint implant. He was also one of the first physicians in Connecticut to treat the hand palmar tissue contractures of Dupuytren’s Disease with an injection of the medication called Xiaflex. Use of Xiaflex is an office injection procedure that is done under local anesthesia. This short procedure avoids the need for surgery in the operating room.
- I visited Dr. Weisman with a painful hand injury. I got an appointment right away and the wait time in his office was minimal. He was kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. He treated the injury immediately and the pain got so much better very quickly. I recovered fully and now I have full use of my hand again. I am very glad and grateful that I found this wonderful orthopedic surgeon.Ellen G – Great Neck, NY
- Compassionate - took time to explain all the options. I had x-rays right at the office and he was able to make a diagnosis. I have recommended Dr. Weisman to many friends and family. Excellent doctor.Westport CT
- My family and I have been patients of Dr. Weisman for 20 years and he consistently provides us with excellence in care both as a diagnostician and in bedside manner. Dr. Weisman always takes time to get the full picture of what might be going on and he always makes us feel he truly, truly cares.NKS – Westport CT
- I have been a patient of Dr. Weisman for years. He also has treated my husband and son. Not only is Dr. Weisman an excellent diagnostician, but has a wonderful bedside manner. He always takes the time to listen to our concerns and explain the diagnosis. I highly recommend Dr. Weisman.Lisa – Westport CT
- I recently hurt my knee and Dr Weisman saw me right away and diagnosed my issue and devised a treatment plan that solved my problem Dr Weisman has seen me and my family for years and has always made time for us and shown great compassion. I couldn't recommend him more.Sharon – Westport CT
- I have already recommended Dr. Weisman and will continue to do so based on his knowledge, professionalism and true sense of caring. He has been my doctor of choice as well as the doctor for my children for all orthopedic needs.Ilene – Wilton CT
- I have been to Dr. Weisman several times for both my children and myself. He is very compassionate and thorough with his patients. He takes more time than most doctors to listen and ask questions. I always feel I am in good hands under his medical care.Pam K – Weston CT